Monday, July 23, 2012

Getting Ready to Go.

Okay, I think I have it narrowed down to what I am bringing on our car trip to Canada.  I think I have all my bases covered to suit my 'moods.' About time since we are leaving in a few hours.

I am bringing my bright yellow yarn for socks. This yarn has a fun history. I told my friend Amber that I wanted to knit a pair of bright yellow socks, but couldn't find any hot yellow yarn. If she ever came across such a yarn, buy it and I will reimburse her. Well, she found such a yarn and it is perfect. It is not as bright in this picture as it really is. 

This is the hat pattern I making
for my three guys.
My first project is the hat I started for my older son Lorne in brown alpaca yarn. I finished the hats for Dane (younger son) in dark green and Ken (husband) in navy blue. I want to get it finished while we are all together so I can get a picture of the three of them together in the hats. I only have about two inches done so far, so I better get knitting.

I am also bringing some yarn to work on a shawl when I need to take a break from the hat and socks. Unfortunately, I can't decide on the yarn (although I have decided on the pattern) so I am taking a couple of opinions along. After all, there are yarn shops along the way too. 

I guess I better get to packing the other things like clothes and other sundries. Amazing that this is a no-brainer compared to yarn and needles!

No comments:

Post a Comment