Friday, July 18, 2014

What I Have Been Doing on Summer Vacation




First of all, I work full time at a new job, so I don't get a summer vacation. Kids are so lucky.

I have been knitting this summer, but not writing. Summers are not my favorite time of year, so I consider myself successful that I am doing anything. So over the next few days, I will post what I have been doing on summer vacation. And just a teaser, I am going to post another free pattern for a scarf I am working on.

I knitted this cute little hat which is just for looks. It will not keep you warm but it is adorable to put over your head on bad hair days. However, if your bad hair day is when the temperature is over 90 degrees, it will probably not be comfortable anyway. Just live with the bad hair day.

This pattern is the Ravine Hat from Classic Woolly Toppers by one of the most creative hat designers around - Woolly Wormhead. I am sure she/he has a real name, but I wasn't able to find it. But if you like to knit hats, this is must! Of the ten hats in this book, I want to make at least seven of them, including the one on the cover. I have been wanting to make a newsboy hat for awhile, but the patterns have all been crocheted. This is on my to-do Although I do crochet, I just prefer to knit.

Stay tuned. Most projects to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment