Monday, January 7, 2013

Ashley's Lacy Scarf


 My niece Ashley wanted a lacy delicate scarf in purple, so being the cool aunt that I am, I pulled out my knitting needles and designed this one. It is make with Cascade Alpaca lace in a beautiful color. If you look really closely at the yarn, it is variegated blue and pink. However, it makes this lovely lavender and seems to shimmer in different lights.  The only thing that I don't like about Cascade Alpaca Lace is that it is so delicate that it breaks easily.

Thank goodness I have nieces because I love knitting lace. Never could talk my husband or sons into lace.

I have never been big on blocking, but for some reason, I love blocking lace. It is so stretchy and pliable. I made the points on the ends very prominent for more effect. I may have to make one of these for me as well.
I posted this pattern for sale on Craftsy patterns, but if you really want it, leave a comment and I'll get you a copy. http://www.craftsy.com/pattern/knitting/accessory/ashleys-lacy-scarf/41087?fresh=true



2 comments:

  1. That's a lovely scarf and I bet it is soft as can be. And since it is alpaca, it will be very warm, too. There is nothing in the knitting world quite like taking that tangle of yarn knitted in lace patterns, stretching it out, and seeing the magic of lace being born. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful scarf! I love the color also. I would like a copy of the pattern if that offer still stands!
    Thanks!!

    sue.marchant@sri.com

    ReplyDelete