Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Getting ready for the Renaissance Fair




Arms of the hat rack
The Renaissance Fair opens in two weeks but we had to get all the stuff down there this weekend. This is Ken setting up my hat rack. It really pays to be married to an architect who likes to do woodwork. The center post is cherry and the arms are made of oak. Now before you gasp at the high quality of the materials, this hat rack was made completely from left-overs from his other wood working projects. See? Guys have stash too!
It seems we get as many comments about the hat rack as we get about the hats. We were setting up the rack one holiday season and a woman came by and admired it. She said, "Being able to design and make this rack is truly a gift." Ken said, "Yeah, it must be a gift, because I never seem to make any money from it." 


Filled rack from last year's fair
So stay tuned for more pictures and stories from the Renaissance Fair once it starts. I will be only be there a few weekends, but I will be demonstrating knitting, crocheting, and spinning. On Children's Weekend at the end of June, I will be helping kids make felted kitty balls. I did this last year and it was a big hit. We felt the balls using the magic waters from the Avalon Isle using dragon spit. 



Making felted kitty balls

Me with a couple of my royal subject and kitty balls





No comments:

Post a Comment