Saturday, May 5, 2012

Bears Outside Our Windows

What a treat! When I went to open the window, I saw three brown shapes on the hillside. At first, I thought they were deer, but seemed too big and too brown. It was then I realized they were bears. It appears to be a mama and her two cubs, probably twins about a year old. That's a deer carcass, but I don't know if they found it or killed it themselves. Maybe I don't want to know.
See that brown spot over Ken's shoulder? That's our bears

Although you can't see it, Ken set up his video camera to take the close-ups. We weren't going out there! A mama bear with her cubs, guarding a carcass? I'm not sure we were safe in our living room.
There may not be the best pictures because they were taken through the windows and zoomed in. 


Watching

All kids fight.

That's the tree they were trying to hide behind.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures, I miss seeing the bears, but don't miss worrying that they could get in the house!!! Thank you for sharing.. brings back wonderful memories,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bear pics! Nice that you were able to abserve them from a safe distance.

    ReplyDelete