Saturday, June 2, 2012

When Pattern and Yarn Comes Together

I am so LOVING this project.

This scarf is on the cover of the Jane Austen Knits 2011.  If you let it flow, it is a gorgeous fluffy scarf, and if you wrap it around your neck, it looks like a ruffled cowl. The magazine is filled with very feminine patterns and this is not the only pattern I will be making from it.

The scarf uses short rows to create the flowing ruffles and is only done in garter stitch. I love doing short rows for some reason, so I just keep knitting and knitting.

I am using a 50% alpaca/50% wool lace yarn called in AlpacaWare in a light lavender. I got about ten skeins on this yarn on eBay a few years ago for a really cheap price and still have four skeins left. I made a shawl with four skeins that I still need to block. I better get on that.

The new Jane Austen Knit magazine is out now and I picked it up at my local yarn store (A Knitted Peace in Littleton, CO) last week. I have already marked several projects to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment