Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Sweater Update

I haven't had a lot of time to knit lately because of my work -- which I love, so I am not complaining. But I was hoping to have more of my sweater done by now.

Anyway, this is the bottom part of my sweater so far. I am trying to decide if I really want to stop when I have finished the front, or continue on to also do the back. There are pros and cons to the one piece knitting approach.

Pro:
I don't like sewing seams, and continuing around prevents that.
Con:
It is summer and who wants a big long piece of knitting on your lap?
Pro:
I can just keep knitting and knitting without have to bind off and cast on again.
Con:
The pattern actually calls for a front and back and the designer probably know what she was doing.
Pro:
I have already altered the pattern by adding the short rows, so it won't look too much like the pattern anyway.
Cons:
The idea of seeing the final piece as a long, long piece, knowing that is me slayed out in a straight line is truly a frightening thought.

I don't have to decide tonight, so I will just get back to knitting. This will give me the opportunity to come up with more pros and cons.

Back to the needles.


No comments:

Post a Comment