Sunday, September 1, 2013

7 Pairs of Socks Makes One Weak -- or, Week

First of all, Hello September!

I am so glad you are finally here. But please, take these high 90 degree temperatures away. I am tired of being hot.

And because of the heat, I have been knitting socks, socks and more socks. I have three unfinished sweaters because I just can't have that much wool my lap in the summer.

So I dug into my stash of sock yarn and pulled out my double-pointed needles. I knitted on the train, I knitted during my lunch hour. I knitted at my women's group meetings. I knitted which Ken drove the car to wherever we were going, from the store to Fort Collins to see our son. I knitted while watching TV in the evening and now that football season has started, watching football games. I also have three more pairs started. I avoid SSS (second sock syndrome) by switching between the socks.

So in addition to the overflowing drawer of socks I have upstairs, I have added 7 new pairs, in colors and stripes and lace and ribs. Now I just need some weather to put my sandals away.

Back to the needles.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely socks, and beautiful knitting. :)

    Vivian (another sock knitter)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous socks! With the start of the football season, I cast on 3 socks yesterday. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love knitting socks too! We are just coming out of a very mild winter here in Australia and on this morning's news I was greeted with the horrible prospect of a hotter than nomral spring and summer. Yuk I am dreading it. I need to be living in a colder climate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely socks! Thank you for sharing the colour inspiration with us!

    ReplyDelete