Tuesday, September 10, 2013

12-Step Programs for Sock Addiction - Step 3

Step 3: Recognizing a higher power that can give strength
Ravelry, right?

For needlecrafters, diving into the thousands of patterns and yarns and projects and people and groups and advice -- how could anyone go wrong? How many times I have opened my Ravelry link (saved on my menu bar for ease and convenience) to find a new and inventive stitch to use on my socks, only to emerge hours later to find that I have added several new patterns to my library. Then I feel guilty because I should have been knitting instead of being on the computer.  

Here's where the higher power comes in -- all is forgiven for time spent in Ravelry. I look at it as my own form of video games.


More about Ravelry's involvement in my 12-step plan tomorrow.

Back to the needles -- that is, if I can close my Ravelry page.


4 comments:

  1. "only to emerge hours later"

    In my house, that is known as "falling down the rabbit hole" of Ravelry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like thinking of Ravelry as our form of video games!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How true!! I may have to elaborate on that in the future. Thanks, Adele.

    ReplyDelete