Monday, February 20, 2017

Drought? I thought this state was in a drought

Ken and I love road trips. We get some books on tape, put a mattress and blankets in the back of the van and take off. As long as I have my knitting (along with more yarn and needles than I will ever use), we could go forever.

We just got back from three weeks. We drove from our home in Colorado to northern California. And it rained. And rained. We tried to drive down the Pacific Coast Highway, but ran into a total of 13 road closures. As we were driving one of the detours away from the PCH, we encountered a slide that had to have happened only minutes before we got there. A car had just come by us, so they must have just gotten through before the slide. So we put on our lumberjack hats and move a tree from the road ourselves. A local man came by and he pulled out his saw and helped us. I told Ken that I wanted an adventure, but who could have guessed it would have been this?


We were able to continue on our way to visit our son Lorne in Los Angeles.

I hope to someday still drive the entire Pacific Coast Highway. More about our adventures coming in the next days.

No comments:

Post a Comment