Saturday, June 15, 2013

Hello My New Yarn and Welcome to my Stash

Last week was the Estes Park Wool Festival in beautiful Estes Park, Colorado at the foot of Rocky Mountain National Park. I know lots of people go to see the llamas, alpacas, rabbits, sheep and goats, but I straight go to the vendors' barn.

The dark blue and green variegated yarn is a worsted that I am going to use to make a  hoodie sweater. The grayish blue is a wool and silk blend, and is going to be used to make a lacy pullover. The dark pink is also a wool and silk blend and will become a lacy shawl. The bright blue lace yarn is probably going to be a scarf. I just loved the color so much that I had to buy it.

This year, my husband Ken came with me and we met up with some friends, Eric and Margaret and their baby Oscar. Eric has been my son Dane's best friend since grade school, so I have always called him my 'third son.' I guess that make Oscar my pseudo-grandson, and he is just adorable!  Margaret is the knitter so we touched and pawed and stroked yarn all day. Margaret is into making baby sweaters. Go figure! I go through the entire barn before I purchase anything, I brought three patterns along that I want to make. Now I just have to find the time to actually do the knitting.


As much as the new yarn is calling me to start, I vow to finish my teal shawl before I cast on more sweaters. Considering it is in the '90's, and it is only June, I have lots of time to finish them.







1 comment:

  1. I am jealous. My parents live in Longmont and I always have the Stichin' Den on my list of places to go when we visit. I get their emails and read all about the fiber festival. I am going to have to make sure to get there some year.

    Beth in IL

    ReplyDelete