Thursday, September 27, 2012

More Fluffy Scarves


You've seen the yarns. You've seen the scarves. You've seen the colors. The new trend of 'pre-ruffled' yarns can be seen in every yarn store, knitting magazines, and box craft stores.

The first time I was these yarns was about a year ago when Ken and I went to the Colorado Wine Festival on the Western Slope. We stayed in Grand Junction so I paid a visit to their local yarn store Tangle (adorable store). The ruffled scarf just took my breath away. I purchased the yarn -- and it sat in my yarn stash for the past year. Since then, ruffled yarn has exploded on the yarn scene. They were in every yarn store I visited during the Yarn Crawl, in sensational color designs and even in fabrics. They are so compelling that you can't help but touch them as you walk by.

So yesterday, I pulled that skein I purchased a year ago to give it a try. I have to admit that it was fun to start and complete a scarf in couple of hours. However, I couldn't wait to finish it because I was getting bored with it. I was itching to get back to my shawl or my socks. I guess it's good it is a fast project.

No comments:

Post a Comment