Saturday, February 25, 2012

Andrew Rainbow Ski Hat

 
Be fashionable and warm with this adorable stocking hat using slip stitches to change colors. It is perfect for either men or women by just changing colors. It is so much fun to knit that you will make several – just like I did!

If you have never worked with multiple colors before, slip stitch knitting is a great way to begin. Even through you are using multiple colors, you are knitting with just one color on each round creating the effect of fair isle knitting without having to carrying additional as you knit.

I named this hat after my nephew Andrew.  He specifically asked me for a hat in black and gray. I made some of these hats a few years ago, and they were big hits, so I used my pattern using two colors instead of four. I especially like the rainbow hat and sold it at our church. I will have to make some more. 

This pattern is available at www.Craftsy.com. Click the Patterns tab and search for Andrew Rainbow.


Back to the needles

No comments:

Post a Comment