Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Trying double knit -- oh boy!

 I have been knitting since I was about 4. My mother and grandmother would spend afternoons knitting while talking and planning. I grew up on a farm and only had brothers, so I would watch them instead of playing cops and robbers with them. They finally decided I needed to learn and taught me. I honestly don't remember any of this. I just always knew how to knit. My first grade teacher had to explain to me that the K and P in the alphabet were not pronounced "knit" and "purl." It was too long ago to try to make comments about "yo."

I didn't play with dolls, but I did knit clothes for them. If I wanted to play with something, I had about 100 cats outside who wanted my attention. 

My point is that I am a very experienced knitted. But every now and then, I tried something new. This time, it is double knitting. I made these fingerless gloves and gave them away as gifts. But I can't believe I didn't turn them inside out and take a picture of the reverse! Guess I am going to have to make some more. The spots around the top and bottom are supposed to be paw prints, but it didn't quite work out so well. That's why I changed it to a heart border on the next pair.

These are the kitty gloves. I made a puppy one and will post that in the next few days.


https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/cheshire-cat-mitts-2

No comments:

Post a Comment