Saturday, December 10, 2022

Cable back fingerless

Sometimes, I just want to do mindless knitting. We may go for a drive and I need something to knit while in the car. I don't want an intricate pattern but rather one I can just move my needles, sometimes without even looking at them. This is one of those patterns. I use double-pointed needles which I understand many people do not like. But you have to remember I learned to knit very young, so it was never an issue of liking or not liking; it was just what you needed to use. 

The only problem with using double-pointed needles in the car is if you drop one, it usually goes under the seat. Then we have to pull over so I can crawl under it to retrieve it. Anyway, I made these gloves while we were driving through the mountains to see the aspens changing. It has a simple cable stitch up the middle. They fit very nicely so they are on my list to do again. 

The free pattern is in Ravelry. You can find it by searching fingerless gloves called Claws by Tera Johnson. I made these a bit longer than the pattern called for.



No comments:

Post a Comment