Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Thermal Hat

I have made a couple of Thermal hats in between my baby hats. The link for this hat is at the bottom. I used Loops and Threads Woolike (85% Acrylic; 15% Nylon, 620m/678yds). This is one of my favorite yarns because it is acrylic and very soft, especially for those allergic to wool. I also used slightly bigger needles for the upper part, and made it longer so it would be more of a slouchy hat. 




The other thing I like about this hat is that it is very easy to take with me when I leave the house. My husband and I have been going to sports bars lately so he can watch the Denver Nuggets in the playoffs. (We don't have cable or satellite) I don't know what all those sports fanatics think of a woman knitting in a sports bar, but they seem to be okay with it. I get a lot of questions about what I am making and admiring it. I am more likely to get a comment from some that they will bring their knitting next time.

Some ask me how I can drink and knit at the same time. I tell them that my limit is one or two beers because one time I was knitting a mitten at a bar and ended up with a sock. Some laugh; some just don't get it.

I am currently working on another Thermal cap using Red Heart Unforgettable in Pearly (100% Acrylic; 246m/270yds). It is a much thicker yard than the Woolike but it is working out well -- and I love the colors.


No comments:

Post a Comment