Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Into the Delightful Rut of Knitting



I have been knitting baby hats since the beginning of the year, and I have noticed a pattern. Once I find a pattern I like, I knit it. And I am not talking about just knitting a hat or two -- I'll knit several and do the pattern over and over again until I get tired of it. Actually I never really get tired of it; I just am ready to do another pattern.  I often use an adult hat pattern and make it into a baby hat.


 

I first made the 'square' hat because I had yarn that 'phased' from color to color. Then I purposefully changed colors manually to make the stripes and of course had to add a variety of pom poms to accent the edges. The pattern for these hats are posted on 1/23/19.

Of course, I only had to make some "normal' hats with brim, body and crown.














Then I made some berets, which is not only of my designs. You can get this pattern from Ravelry at https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/stripey-baby-beret.


One of my favorite patterns for adult hat is the Regina hat, so I made some baby hats using that pattern. You can read more about this pattern and get the link by going to the 3/28/19 post here on my blog.














Then I was reminded of a bobble hat and yes, I went a little overboard.


I posted this pattern on 4/18/19.

So what am I going now? I am making some adult hats with a couple of other baby hats on the other needles.  I will be posting my Thermal hats tomorrow with the links, and another set of baby hats the next day. So stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment