Monday, November 7, 2016

Hooded Cowl for Christina and Simone

Other big news from the past year is that Dane and Christina got engaged. Dane is our son and soon (as in September 2017) Christina will officially join our family. She's already a part now so I am looking forward to having a daughter. Dane and Christina have been together for four years and have been joined my grand-dogs Bella and Simone. Bella is a husky and German shepherd mix and Simone is a chihuahua and dachshund mix (a chi-weany) and they are the sweetest dogs ever. Unfortunately, Neko is not a big fan. He is not crazy about people so you can imagine how he feels about dogs.

Anyway, Christina wanted a hooded cowl instead a hat and so I designed this one for her last Christmas.


I wish I would have written down the pattern but I just kind of knitted it freehand.  I first made a cowl out of bulky yarn and large circular needles, probably size 13. I made sure it was big enough to wrap around her shoulders. Then I picked up stitches along the edge and knitted the hood, joining the hood at the top with a three needle cast off.

Not only does it keep her warm but also the sweet and delicate Simone. It does get cold in Colorado and this cute little number keeps Christina and Simone wrapped up. The more I look at this hooded cowl, I think I will have to design it again and offer the pattern. I'll have to work on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment