Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Regina Hat - What a Fun Pattern!

This pattern has been on my "to-do" for some time, and I finally got around to doing it. That's what play off footballs games are for, right? -- especially since our Denver Broncos are now in the Superbowl. Not only was it a very fun pattern to do, it fits beautifully! (My head is bigger than the fake head) I especially loved the I-cord at the beginning of the band and creating the fan. Once the body of the hat is added, it is a great 'take-along' project for the knitting bag that travels with me everywhere.

What is really cool about this pattern is that it can be used with several different weights of yarn and size needles. It is fitted by measurement, not by the number of stitches. So I am going to try next to the use a fingering yarn and see how that turns out.

So if you want a little adventure, try this creation by Carina Spencer. It is worth it.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/regina-9


http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/regina-2



No comments:

Post a Comment