Saturday, January 4, 2014

Deep Freeze

A good part of our nation is below freezing including Colorado. Our temperatures are only (only?) in the low 20's, while many areas in the country are below zero. The good news is that Ken and I have nowhere to go and nowhere we have to be until Monday morning. I am cuddled under my afghan with my kitty in my nap, felted slippers on my feet, hot coffee to drink, bagel and cream cream to eat, and needles in my hands. Soon the football games will start on TV and I will be watching, glad that I am at home and not at a stadium where the temperatures will reach -50 below with wind temperatures.

I am working on a scarf in the Mirasol Nuna yarn I got with my gift certificate and it is turning out beautifully.  The pattern is on Ravelry at http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/leaf-scarf-8.

Whenever I check in on Ravelry, I always notice how many people are on at that time.  Although this is not by any means scientific, it appears tat there are about twice as many people online today than any other day that I have checked.  I guess many others are home and knitting today as well!

I'll post pictures of my scarf when I am done.

Back to the needles.


No comments:

Post a Comment