Friday, December 27, 2013

Variations on a theme

I posted my pattern of fingerless gloves a couple of days ago, but that is just the beginning. Here are three more sets of fingerless gloves using the Lilly's Fingerless Pattern (December 23, 2013), all from different yarns, different sized needles, and the numbers of stitches.

The maroon gloves were made with a 100% worsted wool. The original pattern calls for an aran wool which is a little bulkier, but the worsted worked very well.  I used size 9 needles and the larger size of the pattern.  Since it was made for a woman's hands, I also made it a little longer to cover more of the wrists. 

This blue pair is made with bulky yarn, 100% acrylic. I used size 11 needles and the smaller size pattern. The gloves ended up with a nice thick finish and perfect for a man's hands. Since the yarn is washable, it makes them very rugged pair. Also I want able to knit them in a couple of hours while watching a football game.

This pair is made out of an alpaca and wool mix.  It is a a sport weight yarn so I adjust the pattern again. I used size 7 needles and cast on 40 stitches.  I extended the thumb out to 10 stitches (instead of 8), but everything else is the same. I gave these to my husband and he has hardly taken them off! His home office gets cold, so they are perfect for him.

Now I have to pick out my next project.  I have two days before I have to go back to work so ...

Back to the needles.

No comments:

Post a Comment