Friday, May 31, 2013

My Next Project - The February Sweater

February Lady Sweater
I know it is called the February Lady Sweater and it is May, but I am still having a wonderful time knitting it. I like built-in raglan sleeves because I never seem to get set-in sleeves quite right. They fit okay, but I can tell them are not exact. I also love doing lace

If you are on Ravelry, you are familiar with this sweater. It has been one of the most popular projects on the site. It is kind to all body shapes which is critical to me and all ages (since I just turned 60), and it has been on my bucket list for years. Be sure to check out the pattern yourself. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/february-lady-sweater

The yarn has a story of its own. I purchased it at the Estes Park Wool Festival but I don't remember which year. It has been at least a couple of years because I know I didn't buy it last year. I figured I better knit it up since the Wool Festival is in two weeks and I will have to buy some more yarn. It's 100% merino wool in bright red and I think the reason it took me so long to pull the yarn out of my stash is because one of my sons told me the color reminded him of Elmo. For a long time, Elmo was all I saw when I looked at it. But it's okay now. I'm over it. Besides, I like Elmo -- I just don't want to look like him.



4 comments:

  1. Even if you should *faintly* resemble Elmo ... everybody LOVE Elmo!

    Making people smile is a noble virtue :-)

    Personally, I see Valentines Hearts when I look at your sweater ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the red-very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Erica. I like that. I'll go with Valentines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My, are you making this sweater? Whew! It’s really time and energy consuming, don’t you think? But then it’s worth it coz’ it’s done with love. Am I right? Red is the perfect color too! I can’t to see the finished product. Please please keep me updated with your project. Thanks for sharing!

    Mila from Online PhD UK Programs

    ReplyDelete