Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Is it a Cardinal or a Blue Jay? Free Pattern

 

 

One of the disadvantages of living in Colorado -- at least in the mountains -- is that we just don't seem to have cardinals. I grew up in South Dakota farm country and always saw the cardinals show up in the bare trees by our house. I have a fond memory of my dad whistling a cardinal call. Soon I was see bright red birds coming closer and closer to our bird feeder. 

However, in Colorado, we have blue jays. The most common ones are the Stellar blue jay, the scrub jay, and the common blue jay. 

So how perfect is a double knitted potholder with a cardinal on one side and a blue jay on the other. Here is a free pattern for you. Be sure to add two stitches on each side for a border.


For instructions on double knitting, use this YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQKZR-2TwCA.



1 comment:

  1. Appreciation for your thought-provoking content. Your post resonated with me.

    ReplyDelete