Thursday, March 28, 2019

Reginas for Babies

This is the hat I made for myself.
I am still making hats for babies and children to donate to hospitals and shelters. I am planning a trip to downtown Denver this week to deliver over 50 hats to the Gathering Place with some even for adults. The Gathering Place is a day shelter for women and children. They help women get ready for the workplace by writing resume, practicing interview skills, dressing for success, and getting the family back on their feet. When I retired a couple of years ago, I delivered several of my professional suits to this shelter. I didn't plan on using them any more! Haven't missed them either. My attire is mainly jeans, t-shirts, and sweaters.

I love the Regina Hat pattern and have made a couple for friends, not to mention for me too. So it was natural that I would pull the pattern up to modify it for baby hats. What a pleasure it was to see sizing for babies and children in the pattern. So far, I have made two, but I plan to do some more.



The pattern is on Ravelry and is free:
https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/regina-9


No comments:

Post a Comment