Wednesday, August 29, 2012

My New Favorite Scarf -- So Far!


I wish my camera could show you the intensity of the colors in this scarf. I am so pleased with it! The yarn comes from Skaska Designs out of Ft. Collins, Colorado (Skaska.com) and the colors range from an intense orange to a vibrant fuchsia. This is an incredibly simple lace pattern so it doesn't overwhelmed the colors. The yarn is soft, and it feels feather-light. I brought it to work last week, and the first thing everyone had to do it touch it. I also had a couple people threaten to steal it.

The pattern is from Susanne Lewis' book, Knitting Lace, a must-have for anyone who knits lace. I just added a garter stitch edge of three rows at the top and bottom and three stitches along both sides. Unfortunately, the orange and yellow colors do not look good on me, so when I wear it, I need to have the fuchsia and pink next to my face. I can make it work.

I am now ready to start knitting some more scarves and shawls from this delicate lace yarn.


1 comment:

  1. Ooh, pretty! Now I'm going to have to find this book. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to find it at the library; I like to "try before I buy."

    ReplyDelete