Saturday, November 26, 2022

Flowered Headband for a Cold House


We live in a solar house. Although it is over 4200 square feet, our utilities bill is always under $15.00. No kidding! But there is a downside to a solar house: the temperature swings. 

We rarely turn on our furnace. My husband (who is an solar house architect) is so determined to keep our utility bill low, I have to spend the first hour of the morning bundled up. The south side of the house is all glass so as soon as the sun comes up, the house warms up quickly. The problem then it might get too hot by late afternoon. We don't try to cool it down because when the sun goes down we need that heat for the evening and nighttime. 

Now I am naturally able to take cool weather and in fact prefer it. So this is the headband I use in the morning until the sun does its duty.  It keep my ears warm enough as I drink my first (and second) cup of coffee. Unfortunately I don't remember where I got this pattern. It is done in double-knit stockinette so it is pretty thick. The yarn is a Lion Brand acrylic. I will do an update if I come across the pattern. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment