Monday, July 20, 2026

Bright Lavender


This picture does not do justice to how bright this lavender yarn is. It is bright, bright! This picture almost looks blue instead of lavender. But it is noticeable on your head. This is three-thickness brim hat, not a Musselburgh hat but it will still very warm. I knitted the brim in stockinette for 9 inches, folded in half and joined it to make a 4.5 inch cuff. Then I continued knitting for another 7 inches before starting the decreases for the crown. There is probably many patterns for this on Ravelry, but I made this pattern up on my own. I am calling it the Dane hat.

I have read a couple of articles that we are going to have a harsh winter. I hope so but this past winter was very warm. We had hardly any snow and the ski resorts really suffered. I am ready for a thick warm hat day! It is 90 today.

No comments:

Post a Comment