Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Knit to Keep Warm with a Free Pattern. Big Snow Coming.

 The prediction is somewhere between 1 and 3 feet of snow, starting tomorrow (March 11). The snowiest month in Colorado is actually March, so this is not unusually. In March of 2003, we had 3 feet of snow but my family was in New Orleans at the time and could only watch it on television in between trips to the French Quarter. We had three underage boys with us, so we went to hear the jazz. 

However, we are batting down the hatches for the next mega-storm: candles, flashlights, firewood, grocery run. We are set. I will post about the snow when it starts. 

Meanwhile, I have been knitting. This is a ball of yarn I found in my stash, and I loved the color.  I didn't use a pattern because it is very basic. Keep in mind, I have been knitting for over 60 years, so I often "just knit" instead of using a pattern. But I thought I would post the pattern here anywhere.



Materials:

Bulky yarn (I didn't use the whole skein so one should be enough.
Size 9 16"circular needle
Stitch marker
yarn needle

Using the long tail method, cast on 96 stitches. Place marker and join being careful to not twist the stitches.

Knit 1, purl 1. Continue until the piece is 13 inches. 

Begin crown (changing to DPNs when needed): 

K1, p1, k2tog. Repeat for entire round.

Next row: k1, p1, k1. Repeat for entire round.

Next row. K2tog, k1.

Next row: K the entire row.

Next row. Remove marker. k2tog around until there are about 8 stitches left. Cut yarn. Using a yarn needles, gather the remaining stitches. Weave in ends.

You can fold up about 4 inches. I did a whip stitch to keep the cuff in place but that it optional. 

No comments:

Post a Comment